Does your lip hair embarrass you? Have you tried various expensive products to get rid of your lip hair, but were unsuccessful in getting a long term cure? It is not necessary to visit the parlor every time you need to get rid of your upper lip hair. There are certain home remedies that work wonders. Wondering what they are? Take a look!
Unwanted Hair Growth In Women – A Brief:
The phenomenon of hirsutism, or unwanted hair growth in females, is caused due to many factors that may be hormonal or genetic, or even a combination of the two. Generally around 5-10% of females have a problem of hirsutism. There are no determined causes of this condition and the research is still ongoing (1).
How To Remove Hair from Upper Lip Naturally:
Following are some of the home remedies that can help you remove your upper lip hair.
1. Turmeric And Milk:
Turmeric powder has often been used as an ingredient in beauty products. It cleanses your skin, beautifies it and ensures that you glow all the time. Milk is also beneficial for your skin. The combination of these two can help in removing upper lip hair naturally. This is how you should go about it –
- Take one tablespoon of turmeric and milk each and mix them in a bowl.
- Once the mixture is prepared, apply it gently to your upper lip using your fingers.
- Wait till it dries, after which you can rub it off your skin.
- Wash off with cold water.
2. Turmeric And Water:
You can also substitute milk with water. Try this to see quick results –
- Take equal amounts of turmeric and water in a bowl.
- Mix them well and apply on your upper lip.
- Let it stand for half an hour.
- Once it has hardened, rub it gently and wash it off.
Continue doing this for 4 weeks; with time you will notice that there is no new growth of your upper lip hair.
3. Egg Whites:
Egg whites are another good remedy for upper lip hair. It soothes your skin and ensures great results.
- Take one egg white and mix it with some corn flour and sugar.
- Whisk the mix until it forms a sticky paste.
- Now apply the paste on the upper lip region.
- Let it dry for around 30 minutes and peel it off.
For best results, repeat this therapy twice in a week. Within a month, you will notice that the hair growth has considerably reduced.
4. Chana Dal Flour:
Chana dal flour is also a great ingredient that rips off unwanted hair effectively.
- Take some chana dal flour and mix it with a bit of water and turmeric.
- Blend well.
- Add a bit of fresh cream.
- Apply on your upper lip and wait for it to dry.
- Scrub it off against the direction of the hair growth.
Sugar is quite well known as an ingredient that is used for painless waxing. It not only removes unwanted hair but prevents its growth as well.
- Take sugar in a pan and let it heat for a minute.
- Now add some fresh lemon juice.
- Stir till it forms a thick liquid.
- When it has cooled down, apply on the upper lip region.
- Now, take a piece of cloth and gently put it over the applied paste. Rub in circular motions.
- Pull it off quickly against the direction of the hair growth.
6. Yogurt, Gram Flour And Turmeric:
Yoghurt, besan and turmeric can be combined to form a smooth mixture.
- Take equal amounts of yoghurt, besan and turmeric in a bowl.
- Mix it well and massage the upper lip with this paste.
- Wait for 15-20 minutes.
- Rub it off.
- Wash with cold water.
Flour can also be used to remove upper lip hair. It is one of the easiest and simplest methods of upper lip hair removal.
- Take some flour in a bowl and add milk and turmeric to it.
- Mix well to form a thick paste.
- Apply on the area and wait for it to dry. You can now peel it off.
8. Lemon, Sugar And Water:
Here is another sugar remedy that works well:
- Squeeze two lemons and collect the juice in a bowl.
- Add some water and sugar and stir well until it becomes a thin paste.
- Once the paste is ready, apply it all over the upper lip.
- Let it dry for 15 minutes and wash it off with water.
Another home remedy that you can try is threading. To thread the upper lip hair, twist a loop of thread under the upper lip and uproot the hair. Threading is a temporary fix that will usually last for 10 to 14 days.
Probably the most obvious solution to unwanted hair is scissors. However, upper lip hair is quite fine and using scissors to cut it can be quite daunting.
11. Sugar Waxing:
Why go to a beauty parlour to remove hair from upper lip when you can get it done at home – without spending any money? Sugar waxing doesn’t even hurt as much as normal waxing does. It is a much smarter alternative.
- Four chamomile tea bags
- Two saucepans
- Two cups of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Glass bowl
- Take four chamomile tea bags and put them in a saucepan. Now pour some water in the saucepan and bring it to a boil. Once it has boiled, remove the saucepan from the heat. Let the tea bags steep for around 30 minutes. Throw the tea bags away and pour out only half a cup of tea.
- Now pour a cup of water into a sauce pan. Add some water to the chamomile tea you just extracted.
- Add some sugar and two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice. Stir well.
- Now heat the mixture till it boils. Let it boil for a couple of minutes. Wait till the colour turns a bit darker.
- Now you can remove the saucepan from the heat and transfer the mixture to a bowl. Let the sugar wax cool down. Don’t apply it on your skin when it’s hot.
- Use a popsicle stick to spread it over your upper lip. Then apply a waxing strip on it. Hold it for a few seconds and pull it off quickly. Make sure that you pull in the opposite direction of the hair growth.
Should You Shave?
The answer is no! When you shave your face, the facial hair is only removed off the skin – making it blunt edged. So when your hair begins to grow back again, it grows into a stubble. And that can be a real spoiler for your beautiful face. Try sugar waxing. It’s a smarter alternative.
Benefits Of Waxing At Home:
Waxing at home comes with several benefits. Here are a few you should know –
- The more you wax, the lesser hair growth you will see. Waxing will ultimately lead to the damage of hair follicles.
- You will have long lasting and smooth skin if you choose to wax for hair removal.
- Waxing is precise as compared to shaving. It doesn’t leave any hair on your face. Waxing ensures that all hair that has wax on it is successfully removed.
Now that you know how to remove upper lip hair naturally, let us know if you’ll try out these simple remedies. Do you know of any other remedy for removing upper lip hair? Share with us in the comments section below!