I feel like closets are one of the most neglected parts of the home. They’re where we stuff all of the things we don’t know where to put. While this is useful in the short term, the clutter makes it hard to tell what you actually own and can make it difficult to get ready in the morning. If you’re ready to revamp your space, these tips are for you.
Before you start, pull EVERYTHING out of your closet and give it a good vacuum and wipe away any dust. Next, you’ll want to go through your belongings and decide what to keep, what to sell, and what to donate. Be honest with yourself about what you really need to hold onto and don’t keep things just because you like them. Next, get started on reorganizing!
1. Hang a fruit basket in the closet to hold odds and ends.
2. Tie scarves around a hanger for easy storage.
3. Color-coordinating baskets can help make your linen closet more manageable.
4. An old bookshelf is perfect for storing your shoes neatly.
5. Make use of the dead space in the sides of your closet by putting up extra rods.
6. Stagger closet rods to accommodate different types of garments and make room for other items.
7. Store t-shirts like this so that you can choose them easily.
8. Install hooks in a tall closet for storing bulky luggage.
9. DIY drawer organizers using cardboard to keep smaller items in check.
10. Taller shelves make use of vertical space.
11. Use inexpensive wood slats and wood glue to create custom drawer organizers.
12. Use eye screws and wooden hangers for a customizable bra rack.
13. Shelf dividers help to keep piles of clothing neat and tidy.
14. Install Lazy Susans in a walk-in closet for easy access to bags or shoes.
15. Use shower rings and a hanger to hang tank tops.
16. Or use them to hang shorts or pants!