- 1 lb ziti pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 lb Italian sausage, cooked and chopped
- 1(15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1(28 ounce) jar pasta sauce, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Cook ziti according to package directions; drain; set aside.
- Mix ricotta, egg, parsley, 1-1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese in a large bowl.
- Mix cooked sausage and pasta in with ricotta mixture.
- Mix in 3/4 jar of sauce.
- Transfer mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Top with the rest of the sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- To freeze: Cover dish with foil and freeze. When frozen you can pop it out of the container and put in a freezer bag if desired.
- To heat: Thaw. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10-15 minutes more.