- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 12 ounces ghirardelli chocolate melting wafers, (dark chocolate)
- sprinkles, for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Beat an additional 2-3 minutes until fluffy.
- Cover and refrigerate for about an hour (or more!).
- Scoop 1 tablespoon balls onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Freeze balls for about 30 minutes.
- Once firm, remove balls from freezer, and use your fingertips to shape smooth.
- Melt chocolate wafers according to package directions.
- Using a toothpick, dip each truffle into the melted chocolate, tapping on the side of the bowl to remove the excess.
- Drop onto parchment paper and add sprinkles immediately. Repeat for remaining truffles.