An easy pasta dish that incorporates all the flavors of a classic chili, cream cheese, and shredded cheese dip! The best part is it’s all done in one pot!
Yields: Serves 4-6
- 3 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- 1, 14.5 Ounce Can of Diced and Fire Roasted Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 1, 15 Ounce Can Turkey Chili with Beans (any brand or variety will do)
- 9 Ounces Penne Rigate
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- Tiny Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- Pinch of Salt and Black Pepper
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese, cut into 9 small cubes
- ½ Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ¾ Cup Shredded Mozzarella
- Add stock, tomatoes, and chili to a large cast iron skillet or large nonstick skillet. Stir to combine. Add seasonings and stir to incorporate.
- Add the pasta to the skillet. Bring to a simmer over medium/low heat. Cover with a lid and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 30 minutes, add the cream cheese cubes. Spread them out throughout the skillet. Cover with lid and let sit for five additional minutes. After five minutes, remove the lid and stir to incorporate all the cream cheese into the sauce.
- Turn the heat off, add the cheese to the top of the pasta, and let it sit for five to ten minutes until completely melted. Serve right away!
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes