Chocolate ice cream made with frozen bananas, cacao powder, chocolate almond milk and almond butter. It’s absolutely delicious, healthy, dairy-free and doesn’t require an ice cream maker!
I could eat ice cream every day. It’s always been my favorite dessert so when I found out you could make healthy ice cream from ONE ingredient (frozen bananas) I was in heaven.
everyone knows about frozen banana ice cream, which is awesome!!
We all know banana and chocolate go well together, but you introduce a little almond butter to the mix and things get real.
Chocolate, banana and almond butter = the trifecta.
I used cacao powder and unsweetened chocolate almondmilk to get a chocolatey flavor without any added sugar and it worked like a charm!
See how smooth and creamy it turns out?!?
I added in a few cacao nibs for a little crunch, but they’re totally optional. Isaac hates crunchy things like nuts and chocolate chips in his ice cream (or brownies) so I get that some people won’t be a fan.
- 3 frozen bananas, chopped into chunks
- ¼ cup Chocolate Unsweetened Almond Breeze Almondmilk
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter
- ½ Tablespoon cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- ½ Tablespoons cacao nibs or mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Place bananas, almond milk, almond butter and cocoa powder into a food processor.
- Pulse/process until smooth and creamy. You may need to turn off the motor and stir the mixture a couple times while processing.
- Add in cacao nibs or chocolate chips (if using) and pulse once more. Scoop/spoon ice cream in to a bowl and enjoy!