- 4 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chocolate wafer, finely crushed
- 1⁄3 cup additional chocolate wafer, finely crumbled (for dark mice)
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners’ sugar (for white mice)
- 24 silver dragees (small silver, edible balls for eyes)
- 24 sliced almonds (for ears)
- 12 licorice, strings (for tails)
- Melt the chocolate, and combine with sour cream. Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate wafer crumbs. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Roll by level tablespoonfuls into balls. Mold to a slight point at one end (the nose).
- Roll dough in confectioners sugar (for white mice), or in chocolate wafer crumbs (for dark mice).
- On each mouse, place dragees in appropriate spot for eyes, almond slices for ears, and a licorice string for the tail.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours until firm.