A filling oatmeal smoothie that tastes just like a chocolate malt! Perfect for making healthy breakfast shakes or dessert.
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats or quick oats
- 1 large banana, cut into slices and frozen
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, vanilla soymilk, or coconut milk
- 3 to 4 tablespoons malted milk powder*
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons maple syrup (optional)
- Chopped malted milk candies (optional)
- Place the oats in your blender and pulse a few times to pulverize. Add the banana, almond milk, cocoa powder, and 3 tablespoons malted milk powder and blend until smooth. Taste and add maple syrup 1 teaspoon at a time, as desired. For a stronger malt taste, add 1 additional tablespoon malted milk powder. Enjoy immediately, topped with chopped malted milk candies as desired.