If you like coconut, these Coconut Cream Truffles are for you!
These are the perfect coconut truffle: a creamy center filled with coconut flavor and shredded coconut, all surrounded by chocolate. When you can’t find your favorite coconut cream candies at the store, these are the perfect stand-in.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 tablespoons cream of coconut (I used Coco Real Brand)
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 6-8 ounces chocolate candy melts or semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Beat butter with a hand mixer until smooth. Mix in extracts, cream of coconut and salt. Slowly add the powdered sugar until it’s mixed in. Mix in coconut.
- Drop tablespoon sized balls on a wax-paper lined cookie sheet and roll into uniform balls. Chill for at least 1 hour before dipping. You can wrap the cookie sheet with foil and chill overnight, if needed.
- When ready to dip, melt candy melts according to package directions. Dip each ball into the melts, tapping off the excess, and place on a new cookie sheet lined with wax paper. (If your truffles start to get soft, pop them in the freezer for a few minutes before continuing.) Sprinkle with sprinkles or coconut, if desired.
- Chill until set, store in refrigerator. Best served at room temperature.