- 1.5 to 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (1-ounce) packet ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup Martha White Self-Rising Corn Meal Mix
- vegetable oil or peanut oil for frying
- Mix the chicken breast pieces and ranch dressing mix together in a small bowl and place it in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes to allow it to marinate.
- Heat about 2 inches of oil in a heavy bottomed pot or dutch oven to about 350°F.
- Place the flour in one small bowl. Whisk the egg and water together in another bowl. Place the cornmeal in a third bowl.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and dredge each piece in the flour, dip it in the egg wash, then coat it with the cornmeal. Fry in batches for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or simply by themselves.