I always try to do something special with the kiddos while they are on Christmas break. It’s nice to slow down, make sweet memories and put aside the to-do list.
These delicious treats will put a smile on any little face, and they are so fun and easy to make.
You can let them enjoy them as they are, use them to stir hot chocolate, or even use them to stir your coffee.
- White chocolate wafers (melting chocolate) 1 cup
- Various colors of colored sugar
- Star shaped sprinkles (optional)
- Black sprinkles or mini chocolate chips
- Orange and white salt water taffy
- Plastic or wooden spoons
- Prepare the snowman’s nose by kneading small pieces of orange taffy and shaping them into a carrot shape. At this time, you will also prepare the pompom for the top of the snowman’s hat by kneading the white taffy and shaping it into a ball. Set them aside.
- Place 1 cup of chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 35 second intervals, stirring in between until melted.
- Once your chocolate is melted, dip the back side of your spoon into the bowl. Set the spoon onto a plate covered in wax paper. Allow chocolate to settle for 20-25 seconds.
- For the hat we used different colored sugars and simply sprinkled the top part of the spoon as shown. We then placed some fun star sprinkles at the base of the hat for more interest.
- Take some black sprinkles and place as the mouth and eyes. You could also use mini chocolate chips. For the mouth we looked for sprinkles with a little curvature as they make for a cute smile.
- Place taffy nose and lastly, attach pompom to the top of the hat.
- Dip in melted chocolate and then in white sugar for a ‘fluffy’ effect.
NOTE: Make sure you have all your ingredients ready and set out. The chocolate tends to dry fairly quickly once it’s on the spoon. Allow chocolate to settle for approximately 20-25 seconds prior to decorating. The chocolate should still be melted but firm enough that that the decorations adhere to the chocolate without sinking into it.
You can even dress them up with a little scarf. Have fun, and enjoy making memories with your little ones!