- 12 chocolate cupcakes
- 12 ounces chocolate frosting (canned)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate sprinkles (jimmies)
- 24 pieces bassetts liquorice allsorts, will be used for eyes, so look for ones that when cut have a center
- 8 ounces black licorice (the thin “string” kind)
- Frost the cupcakes with chocolate icing and cover with sprinkles.
- Press the eyes into place.
- Use scissors to cut eight 4-inch pieces of licorice for the legs (for each spider).
- Holding all of the legs together in a bunch, bend them in half and crease.
- Push the end of each leg into the cupcake to resemble spider legs.