UPER EASY Oven Baked Spicy Chicken Tacos make a weekly appearance on our table. All the flavor and none of the stress.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Old El Paso Hot & Spicy Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomato, drained
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles
- 10 Old El Paso Stand and Stuff Taco Shells
- 1/2 (16 ounce) can Old El Paso Refried Beans
- 2 cups Mexican Blend Cheese, shredded
- Toppings such as Old El Paso sliced Jalapenos, sour cream, salsa, chopped cilantro, shredded lettuce, or any of your favorite taco toppings!
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium skillet.
- Add onion to skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent and fragrant.
- Stir in the chicken, taco seasoning, tomatoes, and green chiles. Stir to combine fully. Reduce to simmer and allow to cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Place the taco shells in the baking dish, standing up. I was able to fit 10 taco shells in the dish by adding 2 on each side.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of beans into the bottom of each taco shell. Top with the chicken mixture, almost to the top of each shell.
- Sprinkle each shell generously with shredded cheese, the more the better!
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cheese is fully melted and the edges of the shells are browned.
- Remove from the oven and top with your favorite items such as jalapenos, sour cream, cilantro, and salsa.
- ***TIPS: Be sure to drain the tomatoes completely, this will help the taco shells to not get soggy while baking!
- If you prefer your tacos not spicy, just omit the green chilis and use regular Old El Paso Taco Seasoning. Just as delicious!