- 4 quarts chopped tomatoes
- 1 (32 ounce) carton chicken broth
- 1 very large sweet onion
- 1 finely chopped green pepper
- 1 chopped carrot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 dash celery salt or 1 stalk fresh celery
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- black pepper, to taste
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 large bay leaf
- 3 -4 teaspoons sugar
- 4 whole cloves
- Saute onion, gr pepper, carrot, garlic, bl pepper in Olive oil.
- Then add all the rest and bring to a boil. Simmer 20 minute.
- Add chicken broth.
- Use hand blender to smooth.
- Serve with a dollop of butter.