- 1/2 cup peanut butter or allergy-friendly alternative (110g)
- 1 large banana (150g) (Can sub with 2/3 cup coconut butter)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/16 tsp salt (I also used salted peanut butter)
- 2 tbsp coconut butter OR melted virgin coconut oil (You can sub with 2 tbsp pb. Texture will just be less fudge-like. Or see note below for a possible substitution.) (20g)
- pinch uncut stevia OR 2 tbsp powdered sugar or pure maple syrup
(If peanut butter is not stir-able, gently heat until you are able to easily stir it.) Either combine all ingredients in a small blender until completely smooth, OR mash the banana and stir together ingredients very patiently by hand until completely smooth. Scoop into a small plastic container OR parchment-lined glass container OR candy molds OR mini cupcake liners. (You have options!) Freeze until firm. Due to the melty nature of coconut, this fudge is best stored in the freezer.
**For a shelf-stable fudge, you might be able to substitute shortening (Spectrum brand is non-hydrogenated) for the coconut, but I have not tried. If you wish to experiment, be sure to report back for other commenters who may be interested in hearing your results.