- 6 pounds of apples
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- a pinch or 2 of ground cloves
- Peel, core, and slice all 6 pounds of apples.
- After the apples are sliced, just toss them into the Crockpot, along with all the rest of ingredients and stir. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until apples are very soft, stirring every hour or two.
- When the apples are cooked through, puree them in a blender or food processor. Depending on the size of your processor, you may need to puree in several batches. I recommend pureeing even if you’re using applesauce so that the spices get blended thoroughly and the texture is smoother
- Then just put it all in a container and put in the refrigerator or freezer. Or immediately slather generously on toast.