Super excited to share this recipe with you today! They made your lashes look darker, but didn’t really make the lashes look any thicker. So, that’s what I tried to do. Make an all-natural mascara that adds a bit of fullness to your lashes!
HOMEMADE NATURAL MASCARA
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp shea butter
- 1 1/2 tsp bees wax
- 4 tsp of aloe vera gel
- 1-2 capsules of activated charcoal (I found this at my local Vitamin World)
- In a small saucepan or mini sauce crockpot, place first four ingredients and heat until completely melted.
- Mix in activated charcoal and remove from the heat.
- Place mixture in a plastic bag, allow to cool a bit, and move contents to one corner of the bag.
- Cut a small hole at the corner, insert into empty sterilized mascara tube like this one, and gently squeeze mascara into tube. It will be much easier if you have a second pair of hands to help.
Note: because this mascara is all-natural and contains no preservatives, it lasts 3-4 months. Dispose of after that, or if it starts to smell funky. You could probably put a few drops of vitamin E oil in and put a little less coconut oil in to help preserve it.
HOW DOES IT WEAR?
I love this mascara. It keeps my lashes soft and doesn’t flake off. It stays on pretty well, but after a long day at work, when I come home I may need to touch it up if I’m going to go somewhere. I only wish it was waterproof.Lets just say there was a lot of tears. The mascara smudged a little, and I just had to wipe it off with my finger. No big deal at all!
There you have it. A natural and easy recipe for mascara. Remember, makeup is a tricky thing… What works for me may not work for you, and you may have to adjust the recipe slightly. Because it is all-natural and not chock-full of unnatural chemicals, you shouldn’t compare it to the commercial stuff. It wears differently and may take some getting used to! With that being said, I hope ya’ll love it!!