- 3lbs chicken wings, cut in two and tip removed
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup (I have even used the hot ketchup for this!)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (use more or less, depending on amount of heat desired)
- 2 -3 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons minced dried onion
- Set oven to broil.
- Prepare the wings on a shallow cookie sheet that is lined with foil, and spray with a non-stick cooking spray, or prepare a broiler pan.
- Arrange the wings evenly in a single layer.
- Place under the broiler until lightly browned (watch closely to not burn the wings) set wings aside.
- In a saucepan combine all sauce ingredients, and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes (adjust the hot pepper sauce to suit taste).
- Up to this point, all above can all be prepared a day in advance and refrigerated.
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using long tongs, dip each wing in the hot sauce, and place evenly on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (basting with remaining sauce during cooking).
- To crisp up the wings, place under broiler for a couple of minutes.