- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup onion
- allspice, to taste
- salt and pepper
- 16 ounces phyllo dough, defrosted
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Cook ground beef and onions, add spices, drain and put to side, Use 13×9×2 1/4.
- Separate to have 2 rolls of phyllo. Take first package, layer 4 then brush with melted butter and add 1/4 cup olive oil to butter. Spread the meat evenly and layer the next roll of phyllo dough the same as before. Cut into 12 pieces and pour milk/egg mix mixture over casserole.
- Bake @350 for 35 minutes.
- Serve with a green to make the colors pop, added pealed Fuji apples as another side to make it Mediterranean, small protein, fruit and vegetable.
- Do not overbake, theirs a fine line between golden and brown(overcooked). Anything can be added to the meat mixture, this is a basic recipe with tons of additional options!