Wanting to make hot chocolate on a-cold-and-ohsomiserable-Melbourne-rainy-day, this came to mind.
Savouring those chocolate chips that had melted through the hot chocolate, and licking the creamy marshmallows that had turned to a thick frothy cream, while crunching on those hazelnuts and sipping on this hot chocolate…
In all my deliteful seriousness, this was so quick to make. I wasn’t finished licking the Nutella off the spoon before this turned into a dizzying frenzy, my heart almost stopped from way too much excitement.
Frothy. Warm. Cozy. Nutellery. Chocolatey. Creamy.
I could go on, but I can’t. Or, I won’t. Because some things are better left unsaid. And because you have to make this. Yes, you. You have to. It’s non-negotiable.
The steamy Nutella vapours may knock you over for a second or two. This is my warning label disclaimer thing.
And you may break into a song. But it’s ok. I got your back.
And when you’re done, you can go ahead and make some more.
Nutella Hot Chocolate
- 4 cups low fat/skim milk
- 2 tablespoons Nutella, a chocolate hazelnut spread (or any hazelnut cacao spread)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons natural sweetener of choice/raw sugar
- Crushed hazelnuts
- Chocolate chips
- Extra Nutella
- Heat milk in a medium sized saucepan on medium – high heat until beginning to warm and steam. Add the spread, cocoa powder and sugar, and whisk until dissolved and combined. Bring to a gentle simmer while stirring, and take off heat.
- Serve with your desired toppings.