Pizza dough strips are deep fried, puffing up into fries that are then topped with mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce.
- 1 can regular pizza crust (I used Pillsbury)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- vegetable or canola oil for frying
1. Add oil to pot being used for frying, so that it is at least 1/2 inch deep. Heat until oil reaches 300°F.
2. Roll out pizza dough. Cut into strips 1/2 inch by 3 1/2 inches. Don’t worry that your dough strip is flat. It will puff up when fried.
3. When oil is ready, take one strip and stretch it so it is twice the length. Then break in half (so your one strip is now two) and place into hot oil. Repeat with a few more strips. Cook until dough is golden brown on both sides and fully cooked. If it seems like the dough is browning too quickly you can lower the temperate slightly, about 10-15 degrees.
4. Remove finished fries. Repeat with remaining dough. Sprinkle on cheese while fries are still hot. Serve with warmed up marinara sauce.