- 1 lb rooster breast, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- eight (8 inch) flour tortillas, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated monterey jack cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1⁄four cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (four ounce) canchopped inexperienced chilies
- In frypan, cook dinner chicken and onion together in oil over medium-excessive heat except chicken is simply completed.
- Divide cooked hen evenly between 8 tortillas; add 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese to each and every tortilla.
- Roll enchiladas and location seam-side down in 9×13\” baking dish that has been lightly sprayed without a-stick cooking spray.
- soften butter in a medium saucepan; stir in flour to make a roux; stir and cook except bubbly; regularly whisk in rooster broth then bring to boiling, stirring continuously.
- cast off from warmth; stir in bitter cream and inexperienced chiles; pour sauce evenly over enchiladas.
- prime with remaining 3/4 cup cheese (baking dish is also double-wrapped and frozen at this point) and bake at 400F for 20 minutes unless cheese is melted and sauce near edges of baking dish is bubbly.