- 750 g ground beef (minced beef)
- 400 g diced tomatoes (canned)
- 500 g spaghetti
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (about 3/4-1 teaspoon finely minced)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (freshly ground to taste)
- 4 tablespoons oil (for frying)
- Combine mince, egg and chopped parsley in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Roll mixture into small balls.
- Cook spaghetti according to manufacturers instructions.
- Heat pan and 2 tablespoons oil and fry meatballs for approximately 3 minutes until nearly cooked through and set aside, cook in batches if needed, when completed clean pan.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and saute onion and garlic in oil for 3 minutes, add diced tomatoes and meatballs, them simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve meatball and sauce over the spaghetti.
- Personally would serve with a green/tossed salad.
- ALTERNATIVE TO COOK MEATBALLS – Roll mince and place into an al foil line baking dish and bake at 175C (fan forced) for about 8 to 12 minutes and follow instructions from step 5.