- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce
your choice of pizza toppings
- precooked bacon
- tomatoes, sliced
- green pepper
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- chopped garlic
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in hot water.
- Let sit for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix flour and salt.
- Pour yeast mixture over flour mixture and mix well with a heavy spoon.
- Turn onto floured surface and knead for 2 minutes.
- Spread into a 12-14″ circle.
- (I do this directly onto a pizza stone with a marble rolling pin).
- If you roll it out on a counter top, transfer to a greased pizza pan, stretching to edges.
- Cover with sauce and desired topping.
- Bake at 500 degrees for 8-12 minutes or until edges are golden.