- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- Cut wax paper to fit two 9″ round cake pans.
- Separate eggs, putting whites in large mixer bowl and yolks in small mixer bowl.
- Add 1/2 c sugar to whites and beat until very stiff.
- Add 1/2 c sugar to yolks and beat until very thick and light yellow in color.
- Fold egg yolk mixture into egg whites.
- Fold flour in using 1//3 c each time until well mixed.
- Do not overmix.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out dry.
- Cool for a few minutes, remove from pan and remove waxpaper.
- Cool completely.
- Fill with a custard cream filling (See one I use posted on Recipezaar) and frost all over with whipped topping or whipped cream.